In 2016 Drummondville Elementary became a Community Learning Centre school (CLC) as part of the Richmond, Danville and Drummondville CLC. The extended CLC includes A.D.S. Elementary, Drummondville Elementary, St. Francis Elementary and Richmond Regional High School.
Schools that are CLC invest in partnerships that provide a range of services and activities, often beyond the school day, to help meet the needs of students, their families and the wider community. Our aim is to support the holistic development of citizens and communities.
Some of our CLC Community Activities include:
- Books to Belly!
- Parent Workshops
Many classroom projects are supported by the CLC, including:
- Art and Senior Outreach Project with Mrs. Catchpaw
- Kindergarten Penpal Project with Mrs. Coppieters
- Frontiers for Young Mind Peer Reviewing Project with Mrs. Levesque
- Hooked on School Days
- ELAN-Artists Inspired Workshops
- Online Reading Groups (during 2020 pandemic school closure)
Check out our newsletter.
For more information, please contact our CLC community development agent;
Geneviève Manseau at 819-437-4126 or firstname.lastname@example.org
At the Richmond, Danville and Drummondville CLC, we greatly value our many partners, who actively contribute to student success and community vitality. Without them, many actions carried through the years, would simply not have been possible.
On behalf of our CLC, the Drummondville community and Drummondville Elementary School School, we would like to say, Thank you!
Our Community Partners:
- CASE-MCQ (Centre for Access to Services in English)
- Centre communautaire Drummondville-Sud
- ELAN-Artist Inspired Grants
- Frontiers for Young Minds
- Literacy in Action
- TRECQ (Table régionale de l’éducation Centre-du-Québec)
This is an ever-growing list, as new partnerships are constantly developed, and will be updated in time.